Monday, May 14, 2012

An Introduction, of sorts:

I am starting a blog.

This is not my personality, but I have this itch to start one and I think (probably incorrectly) that I have some stuff to say, so I have decided to give it a shot.

It should be noted that throughout my life I have attempted to write journals (pen and paper old school stuff). Each time I have a genuine motivation to keep up with it and learn something about myself by doing it. Each time, regardless of my age or life experience, I keep up with it briefly, but it fizzles to nothingness without any closure. When I run across any of my journaling attempts from the past I am always frustrated with the lack of detail and follow through….so I am preparing you, this may come to the same end.

I notice, through reading other people’s blogs online that many start blogs with the beginning of a life event: starting college, planning a wedding, getting pregnant, etc. I am past all that exciting, juicy stuff, so again, don’t say I didn’t warn you. I finished college years ago, I am married, and I have a 9 month old baby. My husband and I are contemplating a second baby, but I am not pregnant right now.

I have some talking points, but to say they are random and scattered would be an understatement. Mostly I will probably ramble on about parenting, but I will sprinkle in some non-child-rearing topics (promise). I work in an office of a citrus gift company, it is not terribly interesting, but at times can be fodder for some ridiculous stories. I get contemplative about my life path and not utilizing my college degree…you will just have to suffer through those posts. I can’t cook, but I love food, who knows if that will spark anything worth musing about. I love horses and I am still peripherally involved in them, I have been desperately trying to sell a pony I bred in college, maybe if I can get a few more people to pray to the pony gods for me, he will finally find his new home and I can stop stressing about it! My husband is building his own small business, and he and his business partner could easily have their own reality TV show (if he liked writing, he would be the successful blog writer in this family) they are funny and just dramatic enough to keep people interested (I am the non-social half of our marriage…I exude an 'eff off I don’t like other people' quality which has softened a little bit now that I have a child, people can’t help talking to you when you have a child, hopefully P gets his daddy’s social skills). I have spent my entire life to this point feeling young and like I had all the time in world to accomplish my goals. In just the last few years, there has been a switch that has flipped for me, I now feel very behind…like I have waited too long to build a career, I should have had kids sooner if I wanted more than one, I wasted too much money in college and instead of a financial nest egg building, I am just maintaining to get out of debt (those will be some exciting posts, I’m sure!).

So welcome (if anyone other than me and the few friends and family I tell about this are reading). I hope for all of our sakes that I hit a stride with this and write stuff worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment